Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hemmesphere

Address: Level 4, 252 George St, Sydney

It all started here

I know that I should be only posting reviews on bars that I am yet to visit but this one deserves a special mention, as the cocktails from here are some of the best I have had and one is the theme to this page.

I took a friend out for their birthday, we both have a taste for Japanese food and fine cocktails and Hemmesphere was the perfect location as it is on the same floor as Sushi e (a fabulous sushi restaurant).

The first time I came here, was actually with the same friend quite a number of years ago when I first moved to Sydney. This is where my taste for cocktails was born... we had discovered the Lotus Martini. The problem was they were so good we kept ordering them, forgetting the fact that we would get the bill at the end. When we went to close off our tab we realised that while we had enough money to pay for them, we would be eating rice and water crackers for the next week. Luckily for us we have moved on from those times and learnt a valuable lesson… we needed better jobs to fund our lifestyles.

The bar is located in the same complex as Establishment, so ladies when you arrive remember to quickly move past the sleazy suits lurking around the ground floor bar and catch the lift to level 4.

As the doors open you will hear the mellow sounds of lounge and soulful beats. This bar whispers high class sophistication and elegance, the table service is polished and young and the décor – lush and gorgeous, reminiscent of a traditional cigar lounge, furnished with low, comfortable lounges and oversized ottomans making it perfect for cosy conversations.

It’s a bar I dream of owning, just so I can play host, eat sushi everyday and finish the night off on a comfortable burgundy lounge with a Lotus Martini.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.merivale.com/#/establishment/hemmesphere

Hemmesphere on Urbanspoon

1 comment: