Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Darlo Bar

Address: 306 Liverpool St, Darlinghurst

A hidden treasure

There was a need to celebrate after my friend received a promotion, so we make our way down to Darlinghurst to Darlo Bar.

This place comes with high credentials; it's my friend’s favourite bar in Sydney and they've been to a few so I know I'm in good hands. They used to live in the area and it's mainly locals that know about this place, so when we arrive all I can think is "where the hell have they taken me".

We head straight up the stairs past the kitsch 70's furniture, pool table and Pac Man machines (which I must admit I'm an absolute champion at, but didn't get a chance to show off my skills) and while downstairs isn't my scene, upstairs is, as it has a garden party atmosphere with large cocktail umbrellas on the walls, ferns, and white iron furniture, which I am certain they took from my grandfathers place.

We order a Darlo jug, (lychee, mint, strawberries, lime, chambord, vodka, rum and soda) and it's just what I'm after. While there's no food available a number of the local eateries deliver, I head to the downstairs bar to make our order and only moments later it comes delivered to our table - Fabulous!

I'm known for enjoying a bit of people watching and tonight is no exception. I’m certain a break-up is happening in the corner... I don't think it's going well.

I had a fun night and learnt a lot, things about Prince, George Hamilton & the Funkadelics and my friend... Interesting night indeed.
Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale

See for yourself: www.darlobar.com.au


Darlo Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment