Monday, March 7, 2011

Rock Bar, Bali

Address: Jl. Karang Mas Sejahtera Jimbaran, Bali
  

 
Bye bye Bali

After nearly 12 months of not having a holiday it was decided I needed a break. As I only have limited time at my disposal I head to Bali for a week.

My final day on the island arrives all too soon and as I have quite a number of hours between hotel check out and my flight, I spend the afternoon having a late seafood lunch in Jimbaran Bay before heading to Rock Bar.

Rock bar is located in the Ayana resort and a strict dress code applies; no board shorts or alcohol branded t-shirts allowed (excellent, as I prefer to never see another Bintang shirt again).

You head down numerous stairs, past the infinity pool, and board the inclinator to head down into what I would describe as my little piece of heaven. This open air bar is located on a side of a cliff 14 metres above the ocean. It offers Bali's most glamorous sunset.

I wanted to order a "Old fashion" as it's Don Draper's drink of choice on Mad Men, but I discover it's made with bourbon (yuk) so I have the Asian Martini instead, it's sweet and tasty... actually it reminds me of a melted lemon calipo. It's shortly followed by "Rock my world" which while certainly bright and tropical, my world remains firmly unrocked.

Overall, one could get used to this... watching a beautiful sunset, sand between the toes, listening to great beats, sounds of the ocean in the background, all with a cocktail in hand... Please don't make me go home.

 





Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: www.ayanaresort.com/rockbarbali

3 comments:

  1. not even shorts and normal short sleeve tshirts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharil, you can wear normal shorts and short sleeve t-shits, just not alcohol branded ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://gillian-chu.blogspot.com/2011/05/relax-and-revive-at-bali.html

    ReplyDelete