Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ms G’s

Address: 155 Victoria St, Potts Point


Good morning Vietnam

When the planets are finally aligned some old friends and I are reunited. We head to Ms G's.

This Asian restaurant and bar has quickly built a fine reputation since its opening in December 2010. It is located in a five storey terrace in Potts Point and each floor is filled with quirky decorations and recycled furniture. As there is a no booking policy, and I am the first to arrive, I give my name and the number of guests and wait for my friends.

We head up to the bar located on the third floor. The walls are covered with old classic magazine covers; Hustler, Playboy, Rolling Stone and I think my personal favourite Sweet Cheeks. Hugh Grant's famous Divine Brown mug shot is even on the wall.

I’m intrigued by their "package cocktails" which are served in bubble tea style packaging. I order "Good morning Vietnam" (Shochu, raspberries, lime, palm sugar, Vietnamese mint, soda), it is truly delicious... and potentially dangerous. I had to remember that it was not my usual bubble tea that I order from Easy Way.

When we have all arrived we are taken to our table. The waiter in his army style uniform takes our order on an Etch-a-Sketch. I love it (I should confess I actually have one at home). The food is excellent; their dirty martini's superb... I’m impressed. If you enjoy quiet locations, where you can make a booking and are seated quickly I would advise you to go elsewhere. Ms G’s is fun, quirky, loud and fabulous.

After a number of hours, dishes, wine and cocktails the waiter comes with our selection of dessert, and says "it's better than sex". You will have to come and try to decide for yourself.








Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale






See for yourself: http://www.merivale.com/#/msgs/msgs

Ms G's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment