Saturday, November 6, 2010

Zeta

Address: level 4, 488 George street, Hilton Sydney  

Not just a letter in the Greek alphabet

Having been to Glass Brasserie in the Hilton Hotel for a work lunch, when I caught up with a friend the same night I thought… may as well keep it in the family, so I head to Zeta Bar on level 4.

Zeta, like a lot of elegant bars, provides a warm and friendly ambiance where you can unwind yourself on plush leather ottomans and tub chairs, centered around a stylish oversized fireplace, perch yourself along the wood bar in the middle of the room, or if you can get them, relax in one of the small private seating areas which look like mini harems. I really wanted to sit there as I picture myself being an ancient Greek goddess lying in robes, being fed grapes, while at the same time being fanned with large palm fronds…

However, not being interior decorators my friend and I aren’t here to admire the furnishings, as Zeta is known for its cutting-edge collection of smooth cocktails.

We order a pineapple and coriander martini, apparently it tastes like a sweet tart (my friend’s American and I have no idea what they are talking about), I really like it and after two I decide to let my adventurous side out for the night and try something that I’m certain I can’t get anywhere else… an Earl Grey Martini. The problem was the waitress didn’t hear the words “Earl Grey” and I get served a straight Martini, which to me was $19 of torture.

Overall, Zeta Bar is a gift to Sydney’s cocktail scene which will surprise anybody with its long list of beverages, their innovative cocktails and chic surrounds.





 



 Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.zetabar.com.au/

Zeta Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment