Saturday, December 18, 2010

Velluto


Address: 50 Macleay Street, Potts Point

Champagne bar... need I say more

I was recently in the Cross and noticed a venue that I've never seen before and to my amazement it's a champagne bar, I nearly fainted with excitement, but also thought... how the hell did I not know about this place? So when a couple of us wanted to see a friend of ours, who we haven't seen for ages (they're very busy and important these days), I thought what better place to go then Velluto.

Velluto's is tucked away on the corner of Fitzroy Gardens and is one of the more unassuming bars in Sydney as its windows are covered by long, black velvet curtains and there's no large signs or outdoor tables. 

As the bar is small I call in advance to secure a spot, lucky I did as after we arrive the place quickly fills up, mainly with a mature fashionable crowd. We take our seats on the antique style lounges and chairs that are over looked by large gold plated mirrors. This place has a sexy, smoldering feel with its subdued lighting, smooth house sounds and dark plush furnishings, perfect for sophisticated drinking. 

I order a glass of champagne and to my disappointment they didn't have my selection (poor effort champagne bar!) so I choose another type instead. We later discover that the bar does happy hour from 5 - 7pm on certain beverages, which we take advantage of. 

We stay in the comfort of the bar for a few hours until they run out of the champagne we were drinking (it was probably for the best - I didn't really need another one) and we head out for a late dinner.

As I'm a huge champagne fan I will be back... apparently they also do Martini Monday's. Perfect.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale





See for yourself: http://velluto.com.au/

Velluto on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Running out of Champagne! That's not sophisticated drinking. Poor form Velluto.

    ReplyDelete