Saturday, June 11, 2011

Capital Grill

Address: The Gateway, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney (Entrance cnr Loftus Street & Reiby Place).


Do you really need to bring a laptop to a bar?

A celebration was in order; a friend got a new job. So I organised a few of us to get together to celebrate their success. We head to Capital Grill.

Capital Grill is located in an awaked space tucked away in The Gateway building in Circular Quay. With its towering glass walls and swish surrounds this bar and restaurant includes a ground floor dining area, a mezzanine and an alfresco courtyard offering an undercover island marble bar.

It’s smart and very corporate. There’s even a gentleman in the corner working on his laptop. I found that a bit odd. He was by himself, surely if you were that busy you would stay at the office. Well I would anyone. Maybe he hasn’t learnt a key lesson that I have…trying to work and drink at the same time doesn't give you the best results.

The group decides to buy a few bottles of wine from its apparently very good wine list, I wouldn't know, I really don't know how to pick wine and generally leave it to others.

We baste under the outdoor heaters, talk some rubbish and then call it a night. I should mention that the staff are very friendly and professional. I left my wallet at the bar, and those of you who know me, would not be surprised. I tend to miss place a lot of things quite often. My work pass, wallet, mobile and keys are the top of my list... I went back the next morning to pick it up, every item was still there.

Capital Grill is open early so you can come in for a mid-morning coffee, a corporate lunch or business meeting or grab some friends, tapas and wine by night.

 

Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale 




See for yourself: http://www.capitalgrill.com.au/

Capital Grill and Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment