Friday, February 25, 2011

Cafe Sydney

Address: 5th Floor, Customs House, 31 Alfred Street, Circular Quay
5 plus 1

A number of months ago I was taken out for lunch at a fabulous restaurant for my birthday by some lovely ladies. It was decided after a few cocktails that we needed to do this more often, and hence the Ladies Lunch club was created. It's a group of 5 who each take a turn to pick a place on the last Friday of each month (only truly fabulous locations allowed) and this month we head to Cafe Sydney.

As a number of people have found out about this club, we now have others wanting to join (however we don’t offer membership). After some serious discussion we decide that we would allow one special invitation per lunch on the basis that the guest would have to buy the first round of cocktails or a bottle of champagne. We actually thought that no one would accept this offer… but they do.

So 6 of us head to Cafe Sydney.

"But Lotus Martini, this is not a bar, it's restaurant" I hear you say. Well, actually you can just come here for drinks.

We arrive and are seated on the terrace which offers spectacular views of the harbour. The consensus of the group is to have a cocktail for our first round of drinks and as I feel like being a bit risqué I order the “Office Fling”…it’s as naughty as it sounds (especially for lunch).

You can’t go wrong with any cocktails here and with names like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Appreciate Me and Janie Hendrix the beverages are nothing like you have ever had before.

Lunch comes to a close and it is time to leave (shame I have to work to fund my lifestyle). As I sit in the comforts of Cafe Sydney with cocktail in hand, I think to myself…this Ladies Lunch Club is fabulous!






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: www.cafesydney.com

Cafe Sydney on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. There are certainly a lot of particulars like that to take into consideration. That is a nice point to carry up. I offer the ideas above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you convey up where a very powerful factor will likely be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am positive that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impression of only a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives. slots for real money

    ReplyDelete