Friday, December 3, 2010

Opera Bar

Address: Lower concourse level, Sydney Opera House


It's not about the singing

After attending a black tie event, and knowing how glamorous we all looked, a number of us decided that we should continue on the celebration and make our way down to Opera Bar.
 

Ladies word of warning, as you walk to the bar you will notice large gaps between the concrete tiles. While I'm sure there's some engineering purpose to it, over the years they have caused me to ruin a number of my favourite shoes, but unlike some of my friends I can now gracefully float along in my stilettos without falling through - practice, in this case, does make perfect.

As we have arrived quite late we have missed the live music, which is usually jazz, funk or soul, but as we have our very own rap artist no one seems to mind.  We secure our location by the waters edge, it’s perfect, Opera bar has the most stunning views of any bar in the world as it is nestled between the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Luna Park.

The drink of choice for the evening seems to be Champagne, I’m with excellent company, but as another glass is poured for me we are told that the bar is closing and we will need to leave, we're not ready to go home, we move onto our next location…

I enjoy coming to Opera Bar, I just never seem to get tired of sipping champagne by the water’s edge while looking out onto all the wonders of the beautiful Sydney skyline.





Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.operabar.com.au/

Opera Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment