Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rockpool Bar & Grill

Address: 66 Hunter Street, Sydney


Simply stunning

There was a special occasion, my best friends birthday, and to celebrate I take them to Rockpool Bar and Grill. As I have only ever been to the restaurant, we decide we should arrive an hour before dinner to have a few pre-dinner beverages.

Located in one of the finest art deco buildings in Sydney, right above its sister restaurant Spice Temple, it is simply stunning. High ceilings, marble columns and a small cosy bar located to the side of the strikingly gorgeous dining room. I feel I’m in Manhattan in the 1950’s (I wish I had worn my vintage dress… oh well, next time).

We are seated at a table for two and I commence the night with my autumn cocktail (a dirty martini - for those of you who don't read my reviews religiously).

I can confidently say that the separate white and red wine menus are near the same size of some of my text books, neither of which I have read. I open the cocktail menu and see a list of “House Rules”, I’m intrigued by all 9 of them. My personal favourite:

“Gentlemen, don’t approach ladies; and if you are so lucky to have one approach you, endear her as you would your mother”.

Advice I wish certain gentleman I have previously known had taken.

An hour quickly passes by. We are informed our table on the dress circle is ready. I take myself, my French martini and my gorgeous friend to our table.

The verdict. An absolute must for any self-respecting socialite.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.rockpool.com.au/sydney/bar-and-grill/

Rockpool Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment