Thursday, October 14, 2010

Water Bar

Address: Blue Hotel, 6 Cowper Wharf Rd, Woolloomooloo

 


Will Bond be there tonight?

I love a good hotel bar, it’s the feeling I have when I walk into one like I am on holidays (even if I have just left the office) or maybe it’s because for a moment I pretend I’m a girl in a classic Bond Movie and a young Sean Connery will approach me in his tuxedo with a classic Martini and introduce himself. So when it was suggested that I go and discover Water Bar at Blue Hotel in Woolloomooloo I instantly clapped my hands together and thought “this will be fabulous!!”

A friend and I jumped into a taxi for a cheeky mid week evening cocktail. Knowing that Water Bar had previously been rated a 'top ten bar in the world' by Conde Naste Traveller our expectations where high.

We arrive, the car door is opened for us, we head to the top of the stairs leading up from the hotel entrance and walk into a stunning open space. I wished this place was my apartment, it's inviting, illuminated by candles and chandeliers and the stylish furnishings are arranged into little living room-like areas. We are approached by an attractive waitress who shows us to our lounge.

 Now, I’m not a fan of looking at menus and in some cases even ordering for myself (I think it is the 1930’s house wife in me, I just need to learn to cook, bake, sew…) so I ask the attractive waitress for her recommendation.

 She sits down politely, “do you prefer a gin or vodka base”, “sweet or sour”, "what type of glass do you prefer”… have I just found my new best friend. The cocktails we have are FABULOUS, however being the civilised people we are, my friend and I leave after a couple (or 3) and I head back to my real apartment.

A downside to the bar, like many hotel bars, is that it lacks a bit of atmosphere but as another one of my “rules” is “sometimes it doesn’t matter where you go, it’s the company you go with” I suggest heading down with a good friend / boyfriend / wife / husband / lover to enjoy the comforts of Water Bar.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale

See for yourself: http://www.waterbaratblue.com/

Water Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Fab review Ms Lotus.

    I'll have do don my Tux and head on down there.

    - Mr Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pussy Galore spot on again

    ReplyDelete