Monday, July 18, 2011

Emmilou

Address: 413 Bourke Street, Surry Hills

Corporate chat and cocktails

My friend seems to always get invited to fabulous functions. On this occasion they needed a “handbag”. I have no issue being the side kick from time to time, so I happily oblige.

This function is at Emmilou, a converted terrace in Surry Hills situated towards the Oxford Street end of Bourke Street. Neither of us has been there before, so when our taxi misses the location we jump out and walk back a block.

We arrive, are greeted and are instantly offered a cocktail called “More than Greg”, named after the host. It is superb. Not sure what was in it… I was too busy enjoying it (and talking) to ask.

This lounge and bar is down to earth with a touch of class. With the sounds of upbeat rythems playing in a mist of reds, blacks, mirrors, scribbles on walls, and ghost chairs.

With a cocktail in hand we do the rounds of corporate chat and make our way to the tapas bar. Not that I am a food reviewer, but I need to mention that the tapas here are fabulous. You must try the Duck Liver Parfait… you may need to wait a while though... I think I ate their entire stock.

With Emmilou’s exceptional tapas and cocktails, wonderful music and perfect service, I’ll happily take on the role as “handbag” anytime.







Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.emmilou.com.au/

Emmilou on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment