Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sake Restaurant and Bar

Address: 12 Argyle Street, The Rocks


For gods sake…

Having enjoyed a birthday lunch here earlier in the year, I was looking forward to going back to enjoy the cocktails that Sake has to offer with Shinkansen, Astro Boy and Bang on! being my personal favourites.

I call ahead to ensure there is room for my group at the bar, we arrive and after trying to explain to the hostess “no we don’t have a booking we are just here for some cocktails” (a concept she could not quite process), the phone rings and the hostess holds up her palm, in front of my face to stop me from talking and says "excuse me can you just wait" as she proceeds to answer the phone… Excuse me… Are you serious… You. Are. Not. In. New York. Honey!

We are finally told we can sit at the tables near the bar, (more like the naughty corner) where we wait for someone to take our order, and then wait a little bit more. I’m not the most patient of people so I eventually give up and go place our order (lucky for me it was worth it as a cute barman serves me).

Loving everything Japanese I do enjoy Sake’s well designed Japanese layout which is both open and inviting. However, when you're looking forward to a dash of cinnamon in your cocktail you’re not expecting a dash of bi#@h as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an absolute fan of the food and cocktails that Sake has on offer, but the hostess needs to lose her power trip and remember… Darling, you're working at a cash register, no need for the attitude!






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale


Sake Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I'll take a Bang On!, with the attitude on the side thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree. I've been there a few times, and on one occasion we walked in and asked if it was OK to just have drinks. On a busy Friday night, there was a warm welcome and an invitation to sit wherever we wanted in the front bar area.

    ReplyDelete