Monday, February 21, 2011

Quay Bar

Address: Ground Floor, Customs House Building, 31 Alfred St, Sydney


After work bubbles anyone?

There was a perfect opportunity to catch-up on my work / study / cleaning when my after work plans were cancelled the other night. However, as I was leaving the office to head home early for a change I think "well…I should have been out tonight anyway, so any catch-up on work / study / cleaning would’ve had to wait to the weekend”, so I spin around on my heels and head to my friends desk and say “interested in an after work bubbles?”. They are. Excellent!

We head to Quay bar which is close to our office and while the location is very convenient, a downside is that as you arrive you instantly run into a large number of colleagues, which is fine if you like talking about work, after work… but I don't. So my friend and I sneak past everyone and find our spot tucked away in a corner.

This bar is great on beautiful summer evenings as it has an expansive outdoor area, set on the forecourt of Customs House, a little terrace underneath Cafe Sydney and a cosy indoor area. Also in the summer months you can enjoy live jazz.

As we sit with our bubbles we spot another one of our friends who comes over to join us, they inform me that there is a universally good looking guy who works here (apparently he appeals to all). So I keep my eye out. I never see him (obviously he doesn't appeal to everyone… well me anyway).

As I love outdoor areas, I enjoy coming to Quay bar… just need to find a way to ensure the whole office doesn’t come as well.





Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: www.quaybar.com.au

Quay Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment