Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Different Drummer

Address: 185 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe


Marching to a different beat


After a fabulous purchase on my behalf a friend and I go to celebrate (I try and turn most things into some form of celebration wherever possible). We both arrive quite late and are well past the happy hour and a half that they have from 6 - 7.30pm, where you can get 2 for 1 cocktails.

While Glebe has a number of pubs, the Different Drummer is its only cocktail bar and tends to be busy most nights of the week. There is a good selection of cocktails and the staff are happy to make anything you order, they also have a seasonal cocktail list which I tend to choose from. Tonight I order a campari and soda, I’ve never had it before but one of my friend’s drink it, so thought I would give it go, it’s nice. I will add it to my list of future orders. 

I have a pet hate with this bar, the martini glasses have squiggly stems and for some unknown reason I hate them (I prefer classic glassware), very petty I know, but I can't help it.

The atmosphere is dark and relaxed, with red hues down the narrow corridor and chilled sounds. The bar has a small courtyard, back room and a random fish tank. There’s also a second floor that I have only been to once, purely because I tend to find sky high stilettos and narrow, steep, windy staircases do not mix.

The Different Drummer has a late night license so if you're leaving when the bar closes and you think "it is only midnight, I still have plenty of time for a decent sleep before going back to work".... think again. I've made that mistake before.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale





See for yourself: www.differentdrummer.com.au

Different Drummer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment