Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Foxhole

Address: 68A Erskine St, Sydney (entry via Kent St)
But where are the foxes?

A friend and I decide to catch-up for a mid week evening beverage and with The Foxhole being Sydney's latest small bar we head to the corner of Kent and Erksine St.

This place is underground (literally), we head to the unnoticeable entrance, down the dark stairwell into a room that feels like a wine cellar with exposed brick walls and tiny layout, it can only fit about 30 people.

We take our seats on one of the many empty tables, there is only four other people here, two people who I believe are on their first date, the lady looks underwhelmed and unimpressed (I would too)... gentleman take note, this place is not first date territory and would probably be better for the fourth date.

The barman comes and takes our order (I am a fan of table service) and we receive corn chips and salsa on the house. When my house sparkling arrives (there's only one on the menu) I take my first sip and somehow it tastes like beer, not being a beer drinker I don't enjoy it (however I do order another two which end up tasting better).

While The Foxhole is not a bad spot for an underground "no one knows about it experience", it just needs people, and when it's Summer in Sydney, Lotus Martini likes to be above ground... however I will come back in the hibernating season. 
 
Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: www.thefoxhole.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment