Friday, April 1, 2011

China Doll

Address: 6 Cowper Wharf Rd, Woolloomooloo


I'll have a side order of bikini, thank you


My day didn't start too well. I was late for my morning meeting and I also forgotten my heels and had to explain why I was wearing thongs with my glamourous work dress to the gentleman I was meeting with. Now, some of you ladies may be comfortable wearing thongs and your sneakers around the office, but not I. So when I get a break in between meetings I sneak out and head to the shops to buy a new pair.


As I parade back to the office in my new purchase I discover that they could quite possibly be the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I own (and I own a lot). They do look good though. Lucky I did as when I get back I am reminded about lunch at China Doll.


China Doll is very popular and is the third restaurant along the glamorous Finger Wharf at Woolloomooloo, we are seated outside near the water with prime views of the city. The cocktail selection here is fun and I decide to try " Big trouble in little China Doll" (vodka, watermelon juice with elderflower syrup and a hint of coriander), while the taste is different it doesn't really leave me with a lasting impression.


The service was very slow and not that you want to come to China Doll for a fast experience, but when your positively parched you want your beverage, sooner rather than later.


As I do enjoy the food at China Doll, I have an excellent lunch. However as we sit there a large boat appears with about 20 young guys and 3 ladies wearing nothing but a florescent yellow g-string (or hired help as one of my companions referred to it), and those of you who know Woolloomooloo warf, know it's a dead end. Obviously these guys where wanting to parade themselves with their lady friends for all to see. 


Now I'm not used to being over looked by my male companions, but I can promise you not a single eye was on me, I couldn't help being in awe either. Maybe I should buy the ladies outfit... but then again yellow isn't my colour.








Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.chinadoll.com.au/

China Doll on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment