Saturday, January 8, 2011

Eden Bar & Restaurant

Address: MLC Centre, Martin Place, Sydney


In the Garden of Eden

It was my friends first week back at work after their holidays and to ease the pain of it all we head out for a few beverages on Friday night. I was running late and by the time I arrived at Eden Bar, located in Martin Place, they already had a cocktail. 

My friend informs me that while they were waiting they had seen a large number of people ordering lychee martini's, so we decide it would be our beverage of choice for the evening.

In January the bar offers 2 for 1 cocktails from 5-8pm (all other months it ends at 7) which means this place is very busy and filled mainly with the after work finance crowd. I head to the bar and quickly get served, but instead of waiting around at a busy bar (with people talking to me that I would rather didn't) I am given a number and told that they will bring our cocktails to our table after they're made, allowing me to go back and spend time with my friends... nice touch Eden.

As my other friend arrives it starts to rain and they're stranded under a shelter in martin place, not wanting them to miss out on the cocktails I head back to the bar and ask the barman if I can borrow an umbrella to go and collect my friend, he happily obliges and lends me his... what excellent service.

But as I come back and place our second order we are informed that they have run out of lychee martinis (What?... sorry Eden this calls for a martini rating downgrade). 

However, even though they did run out of our drink of choice, with its friendly service and fantastic tasting cocktails, Eden is still a great spot for your first few drinks after work before heading to your next destination.






Martini rating: 1 – 5 scale




See for yourself: http://www.edenbarandrestaurant.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment